Madurai

It is narrated in legend that Madurai was originally a forest known as Kadambavanam. One day, a farmer named Dhananjaya who was passing through the forest, saw Indra (The king of the gods), worshipping a swayambhu (self created Lingam ) under kadamba tree. Dhananjaya, the farmer immediately reported this to King Kulasekara Pandya. Kulasekara Pandya cleared the forest and built a temple around the Lingam. A city was soon planned with the temple as its centre. On the day the city was to be named, Lord Shiva is said to have appeared and drops of nectar from his hair fell on the town. So, the place was named Madurai - mathuram meaning "sweetness" in Tamil.
Home » » Rags to riches tale that unravels secret of success

Rags to riches tale that unravels secret of success

Written By Unknown on Wednesday 24 July 2013 | 21:16

he urge to win people’s recognition pushed me to achieve greater things in life,” said E. Sarath Babu, founder and Chief Executive Officer, Food King Catering Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, here on Monday.
Narrating his “rags to riches” tale at a meeting organised by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, and IIM-Ahmadabad alumnus and winner of the Pepsi MTV Youth Icon 2008 said poverty might have deprived him of recognition for “smart dressing or good shoes” but “good marks brought that respect.”
“My first mark in one subject in third standard earned me people’s appreciation and goaded me to get good marks in all the subjects. That spirit kept me going all through my school days where I kept my top-spot, and eventually landed me at the gates of the BITS, ” he said.
“Although I got handsome jobs while doing MBA at Ahmadabad I did not take them. I started my entrepreneurial venture by supplying coffee and tea to a software company with Rs. 2,000 investment. Now, the turnover of my company is Rs. 25 crore,” Mr. Sarath Babu said.
“If the son of an anganwadi worker who ran an idli shop in Chennai can become a good entrepreneur it’s because of the commitment and hard work,” he said.
K. Padmanabhan, president of the chamber, presided. — Special Correspondent
I started my entre-preneurial venture by supplying coffee and tea to a software company with Rs. 2,000 investment
Share this article :

OLD MADURAI



 
Support : Web Zip | Tamil Tv Online | Tamil news papers online
Copyright © 2013. Madurai Xpress - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Modified by Thilagam infotech
Proudly powered by Blogger